Can you smell it?
Can you hear it?
Oh come on now! I know you can. The smell of freshly cut grass and the warmth of the spring sun on your face. The crack of the bat as the ball is lined past the infield and the roar of the crowd as they cheer their team.
YES! Baseball is here. (Oh, and coincidentally, Spring is around the corner.)
Yeah, yeah, I know what you’re saying. “Great, here come some more posts filled with Yankee filled nonsense.” Well, if you are here, what else did you expect? Mark and Mercedes, the morning DJs from a local radio station, 94.1, were talking about obsessions this morning. Mercedes said she is obsessed with the Yankees because she is watching Spring Training games. If that is considered an obsession, then I’ve got a full-blown outbreak. How bad is it? Let me count the ways…
- I have a Yankees license plate frame. Tame, I know, but it gets worse.
- My Twitter handle, @LasVegasYankee
- I order the Yankees Yearbook almost every year (when I can afford it. They are getting expensive).
- I’ve got all the volumes of Yankeeography on DVD. And I’m constantly watching them.
- I order the MLB Extra Innings package every season (6 years and counting)
- I switched from Cox Cable to DirecTV just so I can get the YES Network.
- I also watch Spring Training games. But I also watch “Yankee Classics” (reruns of classic games) whenever I can.
- My original ManCave* was painted Yankee Blue.
- Yankee Jerseys, got ‘em. Seven (7) and counting.
- Yankee Memorabilia? I don’t have that much time to list it all. But I’m pretty sure I’ve got more than the average Yankee fan, but not as much as a hardcore fan.
- Autographs? Yeah, I got ‘em (Jeter, Rizzutto, Ford to name a few).
Is it bad? I don’t know. You tell me.
(One of several Yearbooks that I own. This one being the oldest)
* Original Mancave is now a rental home. Haven't had a chance to set up the Mancave in the new house yet.